Krik? Krak! Discussion points and Images
Krik? Krak! was a very interesting book to read and one thing that I enjoyed the most was how realistic the stories were, regarding Haitian life. However, this is unfortunate because most of the book revolved around death. Some interesting plot twists or transgressive topics include: Guy jumping out of the hot air balloon Marie's baby turned out to be dead Prostitution in 'Night Women' Célianne jumps out of the boat to die with her baby -These all made Krik? Krak! extremely interesting and it was actually not painful to read, unlike most other books assigned to us in class. IMAGES: EDWIDGE DANTICAT (AUTHOR) A WALL OF FIRE RISING CHILDREN OF THE SEA 1937(MASSACRE RIVER&DOLL) BETWEEN THE POOL AND GARDENIAS THE MISSING PEACE SEEING THINGS SIMPLY NEW YORK DAY WOMEN CAROLINE'S WEDDING GREEN AND PINK SYMOLISM IN CAROLINE'S WEDDING: One important theme throughout Krik? Krak! that I believe must be discussed is the presenc...

This is a great picture. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if anyone has similar pictures of soldiers in their family on the American side. Did your uncle fight for the South or the North?
ReplyDelete